Monday 13 April 2009

The Final Reflection Part !

Well hasn't this been an experience.  I have enjoyed every moment of it. Although there has been some frustrations. I think that was mainly because of dial up. But (even though it is a bit late) I am now a proud owner of broadband and loving it. 

I feel like I  have fully embraced and participated in the Web 2.o Adventure and although I may have had some problems through the different exercises the help was there and there were times when I was able to look at the problem from a logical point of view I was sometimes able to figure it out for myself. That is what I loved best with the assignment was that for the first time I was really able to figure things out of myself if I couldn't do something it was so bittersweet.

I believe that the interaction with our group was actually really good. We were able to help each other if anyone had a problem with something and we were able to have discussion about the different technologies. We had a fairly large group so it did take a long time to read everyone's blog posts and comment on them. I think that it would have been easier if the groups were smaller then we would have had more time on discussing the blog posts. However, I loved our group and I was glad to have this opportunity to work with them.

I think that I have been pretty successful in executed the technical skills that were required with Web 2.0. Most of them I had never used before so I actually want to check them all out to see what they were all about. And I think that is where this assignment was good for me because I was finally able to do that. I don't think that if I was out on my own I would never have discovered most of these sites that we have looked at. In particular the social networking sites like delicious. I would have loved to known about these for my previous uni course.

Boy did I have to persist with some of the technologies in Web 2.0. I guess it wasn't really because of any problems I encountered, it was more because it was I new experience for me and I needed to explore it.I only thing that I think I had a problem with and possibly still do it with Mashups. I still cannot really explain this concept to people and I need to look at them a little more. I was able to help people learn blogger more. I loved exploring the new gadgets and once my group members saw what I was doing they wanted to know how did it. I was able to talk them through it step by step wether it be face to face or on our blogs.

I think that I have been able to reflect on each of the different technologies that I have explored. I can't see how all of this is relevant with information management  as we are able to communicate a lot more efficiently to many different people all over the world. I think that it is important for us to be familiar with web as it is the future for information.

Well all up it has been a great experience, it has been a lot of work but I think that I have learnt how to manage it all.

candy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Candy,

    I'm glad that you were able to solve your dial-up problems by getting broadband as well! Great isn't it? It was like we were in a little, frustrated club of our own.

    I agree that social bookmarking sites are a must for students! I am also sorry that I did not realise they existed in my last course.

    I was really appreciative of your explanations about how you changed your blog, it did help our group to understand the features of blogger.

    Some great work, Candy. I think that our familiarity with all of this new technology will prove to be an asset in our professional lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Candy,

    congrats on finally getting broadband! I know how much it means to you. I also found that it was an amazing journey of discovery and like you, I wouldn't have known about most of these applications or sites we've explored. I've been telling all of my friends outside the course about web 2.0 now too and feel like I can share what we've learnt with others on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Candy! You stepped into a fairly unknown field and you persisted with it. You should be very proud of yourself. Thank you for your inspiring gadgets! I enjoy looking at your blog. It's so interactive :) Thank you also for helping me along in this adventure.

    ReplyDelete