Tuesday 7 April 2009


View Larger Map

Ok I hope that this works. Anyway I found google  maps very easy to use and I can see just how beneficial it is. To be able to plan your trip like this is fantastic because you can customize your own itinerary. I had already had a look at google maps in Information Provisions so I already new a little bit about it, but making your own map just gives you a different opinion on the idea of creating your own maps.

I can see how this  will be the new thing. Who needs melways anymore when you have google maps and navman, The days of getting lost are over, it is almost (very almost) tempting me to start driving again. But that will only happen when cars can learn to completely drive themselves and all we have to do is just behind a wheel and well fall asleep. 

Anyways I think that google maps are a great idea and now i shall explore the interesting world of mashups.

candy.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent map Candy. I like how you got the highway routes to be displayed. Is that because to set it to how to drive between the places or something? My Europe map didn't do that. You must have a better relationship with Google Maps than I do!

    I think that the trusty Melway may not die off straight away, but then again I haven't really driven for a while. People in my family who drive all the time tend to use Google Maps when going to a new place, and have a Melway in the car for when they get lost. It's like what we were talking about the tute about the document lifecycle - print/paper is really good in the active stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will only drive cars when they are run totally on renewable energy. Yes, Google maps is addictive and you really can plan your trips so easily! I use whereis.com which I am pretty sure uses Google Maps. The problem with the Melways is that new buildings get built all the time and in the outer Melbourne suburbs there are constantly new roads. I hope that Google Maps is being updated as the Melways has to be. Do you think someone at Google would be employed to do that? Let's hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bit more trouble using google maps than I expected but I seem to have worked out the kinks now. I think that there will always be a place for the Melways because as Loretta said, it's good to have paper in the active stage of using documents. I've also had a few misadventures with whereis.com - especially the directions section - and I like being able to work out how to get somewhere by myself - am a bit weary about becoming too reliant on technology. But I think google maps can be really useful, and you've certainly shown that through your map :)

    ReplyDelete