Tuesday 14 April 2009

My Reflection part 3

I think that part of this assignment is a bit of a blur. I do remember doing most of it thankfully but if I ever do forget I do have my reflections to look at to help me remember what I have been doing over the last 7 weeks, which I think I have done quite well because I am able to go back and find the things that I had forgotten either how to do them or what they did. I think for a assignment like this it is important to write constructive reflections so that you are able to go back and re-learn something that you have only just discovered, otherwise I am going to forget and I will have to learn it again.  

I don't think that I struggled much with this assignment. As I have said with my previous post the main thing that I had understanding was Mashups. But with most other things I was able to grasp them rather quickly, it was more the exploring that took a lot of time to do. 

I think that the work load was quite a lot for this subject. Not only did we have to explore Web 2.0 ( which took up most of my time), we also had to do the readings and answer the questions, and there was stuff in class as well. I was hoping that we were able do some of the web 2.0 in class and learn it together. I think that I would have been able to learn it better that way because there would have been instant help. 

I don't think that using blogs is the best way to be able to create a discussion. I think that it would have been better if we had a discussion board so that we were able to all come together create threads and be able to discuss more efficiently.

But I am still glad that I have my blog and I will be using in the future.

candy  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Candy,

    Our blogs are always going to exist in cyberspace, so they will be there as a resource in the future. It makes me glad that I put in links and detailed reflections, as we have learnt so much so quickly that I hope I don't forget it!

    Maybe they will incorporate more online interactivity next year, but I quite liked the blog format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Candy,

    I agree that it will be good to be able to go back to our blogs if we need to remember how to do something. Even though I feel that we've learnt a lot, my experience of computer software is that if you don't use it, you lose it, and I think that if we don't use some of these applications for a year or so, it will be difficult to remember how to use some of them, so the blog is a great record.

    I also think that it would have been good to have some class time to discuss problems as they arose with web 2.0, and I've also been thinking about alternatives to the blog. I think it's a good way to record our own learning but not in some ways, such a great way to generate discussion and think that a wiki would have been more effective for this as once a question was posted, everyone could see it and respond to it, and as you said, all the discussion about that particular issue would be kept in the one place rather than possibly spread across several people's blogs. Maybe this can be done for next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the discussion on blogs is hard to keep track of, I didn't really realize how hard it was until you mentioned it.

    I like this format, but I wasn't able to figure out a way to receive notifications of comments on the blogs. Going in to each blog to check comments is quite time consuming especially considering the heavy work load of this subject.

    ReplyDelete